Monday, January 21, 2013

(*) I Once Met a Woman by Judith S. Amatangelo


I Once Met a Woman by Judith S. Amatangelo

I once met a woman 
Walking on a cool autumn day 
Content not conspicuous 
With each step, moments embraced 
As the sun gently shown upon her face 

I once met a woman 
Petite in stature 
Self-reliant 
In the midst of completing life’s mosaic 
Each choice a different color, creating a living masterpiece 

I met a woman once 
With deep convictions 
Steadfast faith 
Who embraced laughter, her loved ones 
And all life had to offer as she ran life’s race 

The woman I met was a wife, a mother, 
A grandmother, a great grandmother, an aunt 
A very, very dear friend 
Lynda Chiu 
She touched hearts with her wisdom and practical nature 

The woman I met endured pain, picking herself up, and continuing life’s journey 
Persevering through life’s numerous challenges, facing them head on 
With confidence and a profound will to succeed 
Transcending disbelief 
Trading places with doubt, replacing it with firm convictions 

The woman I met inspired 
Evidenced a zest for life 
Traveled with a quest 
Gathering acquisitions of knowledge 
Her souvenirs to share with the rest 

I once met a woman, who I am honored to call my friend, my sister, my confidant 
Who lives forever in our hearts as her goodness continues to thrive 
In our loving memories 
To be forever cherished 
Of Lynda Chiu 

No comments:

Post a Comment